Candidates for the DevOps Engineer role need a strong technical foundation in software architecture and automation. DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with software engineers, Quality Assurance engineers, system and database administrators, and will be responsible for automation and streamlining of operations and processes. DevOps Engineer will be involved in the full lifecycle of an application. Candidates for the DevOps Engineer role must have hands on experience with tools that cover areas of code development, continuous integration, continuous testing, packaging and artifact repositories, change management, infrastructure configuration as well as applications monitoring.
DevOps Engineer will ensure that developers are not doing repetitive tasks, and that the infrastructure is kept up to date as the stack evolves. In this role, DevOps engineer ensures systems are running smoothly and being monitored, and can respond to issues as they arise.
Candidates must have strong knowledge and experience of merging, branching and configuration management of SCM systems.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to drive tasks to completion independently, and able to learn new skills on the job as project requirements expand.
· Install and configure solutions
· Build automated deployments using configuration management technology
· Work with Release Management to ensure modules are production-ready
· Validate deployments
· Perform ongoing routine application maintenance tasks
· Responsible for the architecture that supports application lifecycle
· Evaluates new application packages and tools and performs research on best practices
· May assist in production support
· May troubleshoot existing information systems to identify exceptions and/or deficiencies and develops solutions
· May work with vendors to resolve problems and develop solutions
· Bachelor’s Degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field
· 8 years of analysis and programming experience
· 5 years hands on experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent work experience
· Experience working in agile team environment
· Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations
· Experience with automation tools
· Strong troubleshooting an problem solving skills
· Strong working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
· Cloud experience (Amazon AWS)
· Must have good understanding and experience with at least one virtualization technology (VMware, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V or similar)
· Understanding/experience of storage and networking
· Must be a scripting Guru. Working knowledge of regular expressions
· Expertise in at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby)
· Understanding and Hands on experience with Docker or equivalent container-based virtualization technology
· Working knowledge of automation/configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet and Chef)
· Strong knowledge and experience with continuous integration with Jenkins
· Hands on experience with Git
· Ability to use open source technologies and tools
· Strong knowledge of automation tools
· Ability to code and script
· Being able to support frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
· Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
· Java working knowledge is very helpful
· Understanding/experience with SQL and NoSQL is a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Core member of an agile team.
· Ability to prioritize, multitask and work with onshore and offshore teams