The Director, Technical Project Management is an Engineering leader responsible for managing the portfolio of sales driven software engineering projects toward quality fulfillment of client solution requirements within budget and schedule
In a matrixed fashion, the Director will oversee, facilitate, track and provide executive level communication of status for end-to-end project execution and delivery from inception thru post-deployment support, ensuring that our projects are tightly planned and agile in execution.
The Director will also act as a coach to help Engineering and Product teams inspect and adapt their requirements definition, acceptance criteria, continuous integration, velocity, defect management, release management, and deployment processes.
· Implements standards, processes & practices, project status reporting and resource management methodologies that ensures projects are delivered within expectations, on schedule and on budget
· Owns overall project intake and demand management, status communications, timeline reporting, dependency management, escalates risks, manages the issue resolution process and contributes to the development of the overall functional product road map.
· Development of the integrated master project plan including all interdependencies and overseeing the day-to-day activities for proper deliverable tracking and reporting
· Collaborate with team to refine existing methodologies, and develop enhancements and changes that result in efficient, repeatable delivery
· Manage demand by working closely with all stakeholders to prioritize projects based on business needs and resource capacity while providing options for achieving results via scope, schedule and/or resource adjustment
· Drive a continuous improvement culture/mindset with respect to project delivery and leadership demonstrated through the utilization and reporting of project metrics and KPIs
· Collaborate with teams to develop and communicate release scope and schedules
· Coach teams in the definition and grooming of deliverables, features and business requirements toward definition of ready necessary to achieve expected team velocity, shift left in quality, and reduce time to market
· Drive adoption of, and coach teams in, the implementation of best practices across both waterfall and agile methods, deviating from “the book” where appropriate
· Provide support to development managers, product owners, project managers and scrum masters responsible for daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other activities to support end to end solution development and delivery
· 10+ years’ Program and Portfolio Management experience
· 5+ years’ experience managing agile delivery teams
· Experience working in an environment moving from traditional to agile processes
· PMP plus CSM, CPSO, CSP, and/or SPC4 certification
· Expertise in Agile, Waterfall (and Hybrid) practices
· Team management in a continuous integration / delivery environment
· Ability to work across all levels of the organizations and within matrixed environments.
· An effective and persuasive communicator (written, verbal, presentation, e-mail, etc.), skilled in leading meetings and presentations at middle and executive management levels
· Highly skilled in change, defect, scope, schedule, resource, risk, issue and release mgmt
· Demonstrated leadership and team building skills in a demanding work environment
· Experience managing change and demonstrated flexibility in a high-growth environment
· Highly collaborative and comfortable with both high-level planning and tactical execution in a fast-paced environment where information, resources, and priorities can change quickly and where information must be readily digested and decisions made expeditiously
· Strong hands-on proficiency with JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Office and Project
· Experience working in a cloud services environment (AWS, Atlassian Cloud)
· Knowledge of Medicaid, Payer, Provider, Home Health Care industry experience
Sandata Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V