DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST, DOCUMENTATION SERVICES
Sandata Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1978 and is undergoing rapid recent growth as the leader in web-based information technologies serving home health care providers, social service agencies and managed care organizations. With increasing demand for real time information “on demand,” Sandata is uniquely positioned to serve its customers with its unique suite of integrated products delivered 24×7. In the world of health and human services, our web-based information technology solutions combine improved managerial control over “the business of care,” combined with improving both the cost and the quality of care delivered.
We are looking for a bright, energetic, self-motivated and successful Technical Writer to join our Documentation team.
Position Location Port Washington, NY
In this capacity, you will be responsible to generate documentation on behalf of the Documentation department. The daily performance of duties would be to serve our clients’ documentation needs. Our clients include both external customers and our in-house staff in the following departments: Training, Implementation, Customer Care, Account Management, Product Management, Sales, Quality Assurance, and the Executive Team.
- Create software documentation to support internal and external customers
- Write product software release notes
- Write and distribute client facing communications
- Maintain online documentation libraries
- Generate documentation in compliance with corporate branding
- Participate in meetings with internal staff and/or client to understand the documentation requirements for given assignments
- Manage all your projects assigned to you and ensure that deadlines are being met
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with subject matter experts in other departments
Ideal Skills and Experience
- Must be a self-starter and a team player
- Excellent communication, writing, and document formatting skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through, while managing deadlines
- Ability to translate software functionality into simple step-by-step processes, in a form that is relatable and in alignment with our customers’ needs
- Experience writing software release notes a plus
- Expertise in the use of Adobe Acrobat, SnagIt, and Microsoft Office 2010 Products (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Proficient with the following Microsoft applications: Project, Visio, Publisher, OneNote, Outlook
- Ability to create and maintain templates in MS Word, and create web pages using a basic HTML editor
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum 2 years’ experience successfully performing the role of a documentation specialist, writing/editing software documentation for end users, preferably in the home care or health care industry on specialized software products