JOB TITLE: Junior Project Manager / Business Analyst
PROGRAM(S): Ohio Dept. of Medicaid (ODM) EVV Program
Department: Payer Implementations
Reports To: Senior Director of Program Management (Payer)
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Reporting to the Senior Director of Program Management, the Junior Project Manager / Business Analyst will be responsible for the facilitation and logistics of project communications. They are also responsible for tracking issues and risks within the project, as well as working in design sessions to capture and clarify program requirements.
- This position will work closely with the program’s Director of Implementation to manage timely and accurate project communications.
- A key ability for this role is to gather and clarify business needs from customer meetings and design sessions, then work with project stakeholders to refine those into actionable requirements.
- The successful candidate will coordinate the logistics for project status meetings, design sessions, and ensure the consistency of the project’s requirements and documentation.
- Will work closely with the project team to maintain and deliver high quality project documentation that aligns to project requirements as well as to company strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Will work closely with the customer, presenting documentation and requirements to the project owner and key stakeholders in a clear and timely manner.
NOTE: This position is located in Columbus, Ohio. Candidates must be able to work full time in downtown Columbus.
- Supports the Implementation Director by facilitating and scheduling program meetings, both internal and with the customer.
- Captures critical information from meetings and design sessions, and communicates these out to the project teams.
- Owns meeting agendas and meeting notes, and is responsible for maintaining the issue log and risk register for the implementation phase of the program.
- Listens to customer needs and internal project team limitations, and works within the project team to document these into formal business requirements.
- Supports the Implementation Director in maintaining the program scope, goals, and deliverables as tracked in the project management artifacts (project schedule, management plan, RTM, etc.).
- Works closely with internal workstream leads to disseminate customer requirements, and clarify them based on workstream feedback.
- Develops expertise as the maintainer of knowledge regarding program deliverables, and business and technical design.
- Supports the Implementation Director in monitoring and reporting on the progress of the program to all stakeholders, and facilitates escalation of issues and risks promptly.
- Helps to ensure timely sign-off on all requirements and deliverables for the program.
- Ensures program documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate must possess:
- Experience in coordinating project activities, and gathering business requirements.
- Experience in managing formal documentation reviews with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and collaboration skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with significant attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively communicate including strong written, verbal and presentation skills to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to explain technical terms in everyday language.
- The ability and willingness to complete several concurrent tasks with attention to time constraints, quality and sufficient detail.
- Proficiency in project management software (Microsoft Project), issue management systems (Atlassian Jira, or equivalent), collaboration software (Microsoft SharePoint, Atlassian Confluence, or similar), and office document software (Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, etc.).
The position will require:
- Two to five years of project management experience and/or client implementation experience, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Two to five years of experience gathering formal business requirements from customers.
- One to two years of experience using document management systems and collaboration software platforms.
- One to two years of experience working in JAD sessions to understand customer needs and capture requirements for refinement, review, and approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Healthcare, or related fields.
- Technology background a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time.
Candidates for this position must:
- Reside in the Columbus, Ohio area.
- Be willing to work full time in the Columbus, Ohio offices.
- Be a US citizen or be eligible to work in the United States.