Purpose of the Job
Right now, we are looking for an bright minded, driven, Senior Software Engineer to join our Louisville team.
- Design/Develop/Test/Implement improvements or new features to web site and core processing applications, based on functional specifications.
- Capable of solving complex technical problems with little oversight.
- Responsible for adhering to coding standards and approved technologies.
- Identifies and informs lead team members of areas of the application that can be improved by refactoring, optimization, or other improved technology solutions.
- Unit tests all changes on development and then work with the appropriate business and/or technology owner(s) to ensure the developed solution meets business requirements.
- Attend to any work items assigned through VSTS in a timely fashion.
- Takes ownership of work items assigned – communicates estimates and daily progress as part of SDLC process, and actively works to resolve issues blocking progress.
- Assist in the QA process.
- Participate as required on Production Code Turn days, providing instructions for deploying code changes successfully, and smoke testing code post-release.
- Develop and maintain an open and fluid communication with management.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with other team members.
Required Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of .NET and SQL Server experience
- Subject Matter Expert in at least one technical track.
- N-Tier and SaaS development experience
- Experience building highly scalable software solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment & welcome change
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work both in team and solo environments