The Sr. Solution Architect (SA) is a hands-on senior member of the Engineering team responsible for leading the implementation of solutions that align with the overall technical vision and strategy for Sandata’s products.
The SA contributes to establishing architectural vision and direction, architects technical solutions, provides advice and guidance, monitors emerging technologies, and leads technology evaluation and selection.
The SA is part of a transformative Engineering Architecture Board (EAB), who, along with existing solution subject matter experts, that will design, refactor and migrate current and future Sandata products using industry standard architecture best practices and modern technology stacks and patterns, into a scalable, microservices ecosystem in a hybrid-cloud environment.
• Collaborate with CTO in developing and executing against tactical plans toward implementation of defined technology strategy for the future of Sandata’s solutions
• Help develop plans for transforming existing Sandata products from a monolithic solution into a consistent, reliable and scalable, cloud deployable set of microservices enabling product business capabilities in the home healthcare industry
• Promotes a culture of continuously improving technical solutions and SDLC practices
• Identify opportunities for refactoring, optimizing, and/or improving legacy codebases
• Establishes and ensures adherence to engineering architecture standards and principles through team collaboration while confirming completeness of technical solutions
• Provide architectural oversight of projects to ensure that solution design aligns with the defined technical framework
• Act as a technology evangelist to help drive change, team education and collaboration
• Function as a trusted technical advisor that collaborates with both business and technical stakeholders, sets direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts, and helps to create an environment which solicits contributions from all participants
• Provide thought leadership in the selection, definition and execution of technologies, techniques and platforms such as frontend, middleware, microservices, workflow, REST, SOA, caching, cloud services, BI and analytics, and mobile development
• Maintains knowledge of current industry trends and new developments in technology
• Lead and facilitate the creation of internally and externally consumable set of APIs that allow for efficient integration with various 3rd party providers to help Sandata create a rich ecosystem of capabilities for the home healthcare industry
• Assist in creating and/or improving upon new and/or existing continuous delivery practices to improve upon team velocity with increased quality and reduced cycle time to market
• Participate in EAB activities to develop, review, approve and/or present proposed architectural enhancements across all Engineering domains
• Spearhead incident management activities, critical issue resolution, root cause analysis and improvement planning and implementation
• Act as a voice of reason during project estimation activities to ensure solution approach can be completed appropriately within schedule, budget and architectural standards.
• Develop or assist in development of all architecture design artifacts (e.g. HLA, Infrastructure, Sequence) to meet project deliverables providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered
• Contribute to technical aspects of responses to RFPs and provide support to Sales efforts
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent Enterprise Architecture experience
• Experience in developing highly scalable, containerized, microservices based solutions
• 14+ years of Microsoft stack related experience (.NET, C#, VB, ASP.NET)
• 5+ years of architecture experience in an enterprise .NET/JAVA environment
• 3-5 years of experience with DevOps practices including automation, continuous integration and testing frameworks using GIT, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Code Pipelines, etc.
• Conceptual knowledge of broad Cloud capabilities and hands on experience with one or more cloud technology platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Previous experience managing or coordinating cloud migration projects
• Experience with relational data modeling and Domain Driven Design
• Hands-on database development experience with SQL (MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, RDS, Aurora, Redshift) and NoSQL technology (Mongo, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
• Capable of designing highly scalable software solutions and frameworks that are easily consumable by other engineers.
• Experience with performance engineering and performance tuning in multiple areas of the development stack
• Knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, results oriented, change embracing, sales driven organization where priorities shift based on client and business imperatives
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to collaborate and influence Engineering, business partners and clients
• Capable of teaching complex technical concepts to large groups of engineers and mentoring and enabling the professional growth of less experienced engineers
• Capable of planning and initiating small scale technical projects
• Familiarity and experience with realistically employing TOGAF architecture development methodology
• Experience working in a cloud services environment (AWS, Atlassian Cloud)
• Certified AWS Solutions Architect
• Knowledge of Medicaid, Payer, Provider, Home Health Care industry experience
Sandata Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V