The Technical Project Manager / Scrum master is a key member of the Engineering team responsible for end-to-end project activities (managing scope, schedule, resources), guiding multiple projects and teams toward successful on-time delivery of sales-driven client initiatives that are tightly planned and agile in execution.
The Tech PM will also act as a coach to help Product and Engineering teams inspect and adapt their people, processes and technology for improvements in scale and quality of planned deliverables.
· Manage and guide software development projects from request management (intake) thru post-deployment support using appropriate PMLC frameworks (e.g. scrum, Kanban, waterfall, iterative) in a sales-driven, client facing organization
· Work collaboratively with Product Owners (PO), technical leads, cross-functional development and test teams, QA, Implementation Management and Network Services
· Assist the PO in requirements gathering (user story creation), prioritization, acceptance criteria definition, use case development and product backlog grooming
· Act as gatekeeper to ensure that all milestone deliverables meet with defined standards. Deliverables include product briefs, requirement definitions, functional specifications, architecture design, technical specifications, release notes, and installation guides
· Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, release and sprint planning, demos, development status and other related activities
· Coordinate dependencies between teams with other Scrum Masters engaging in Scrum of Scrums as required helping to resolve and/or escalate impediments
· Work with Development Managers to track and report team velocity and resource capacity
· Prepare and communicate traditional project plans, resource plans, and status reports
· Demonstrate leadership abilities to bridge the gap between business and technical teams
· Coordinate, lead and/or participate in technology engineering efforts and meetings to determine optimal approach, design, risk mitigation, defect resolution, etc.
· Ensure development team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals
· Coach the development team and stakeholders in Agile/Scrum practices as they transition from traditional waterfall methods and practices
· Help the development teams practice core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
· Ensure cross-functional team coordination is occurring early and often
· Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practices
· Participate in executive dashboard status reporting
· 5+ years’ experience managing web-based application development projects in both iterative and Agile/Scrum environments
· Expert-level understanding of all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
· Track record of participating in agile transformations and helping teams improve
· Advanced hands-on expertise with using and configuring JIRA and Confluence
· Extensive experience Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project
· Previous experience with leading systems integration and defect management efforts
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to bridge / facilitate / report efforts between technical and business teams
· Detail oriented and technically astute with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple, concurrent initiatives and thrive a chaotic, matrixed environment
· PMP and Scrum Master (CSM) certifications
· Previous career experience (3 to 5 years) as a hands-on web developer (preferably in .NET, C#, JAVA or Oracle) with progressive experience to development lead and/or manager to Project Manager and Scrum Manager.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Equivalent
Knowledge of Medicaid, Payer, Provider, Home Health Care industry experience
Daily activities of an administrative nature. Work is primarily sedentary.