Job Summary: Tier 3 engineers are responsible for the highest level of support responsible for resolving the most difficult or advanced problems. As the point of entry in IT, they are responsible for determining if the issue is an enhancement and routing appropriately . The support engineer will work with the customer. if needed to solve the problem or gather additional in formation. Tier 3 may analyze the code and data to identify issues and resolutions. They may be responsible for fixing code and following standard SDLC processes. If needed. they will escalate to development for issue resolu1ion. Tier 3 is also responsible for first line monitoring of production applications and fixing issues or escala1ing to appropriate individuals as needed.
- Following defined processes for reviewing tickets received by Tier 3 including triage, reporting and status updates. Ability to quickly identify the root cause of an issue.
- Identify common issues/correlate events over
- Working with as needed to understand issues and assist in problem resolutions.
- Monitoring production systems on a 24×7 (On Call rotation) basis and production and fixing and/or escalating
- Building a knowledge
- Ability to review, understand and analyze existing application code and make changes as needed
- Foll ow standard development processes (SDLC) including following coding and naming standards.
- Work with other areas of the business 10 educate and provide product knowledge to allow them to better address issues
- Identity fy, specify and build utilities to resolve common issues or configuration
- Quick learner
- S1rong communication skills including written and verbal
- Able to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills: detail oriented; ability to correlate events over time
- Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows. Linux, Uni:<):
- Knowledge of browsers (IE. Firefox. Chrome.etc.):
- Knowledge o f programming language (.NET Java):
- Experience with system administration including OS and IIS:
- Knowledge of RDBMS concepts; ability to read and understand a data model and the various relationships:
- Experience in SQL Programming
- 3 to 5 years experience working in a traditional Tier 3 environment or working in core engineering / product development teams
- Healthcare knowledge preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Job Location – Port Washington, NY .
Daily activities of an administrative nature. Work is primarily sedentary.