Everyone wants to get paid, right? Right! So how can companies guarantee that its employees get paid on time and for the correct amount of time? Well, it takes both the company and employee to ensure accurate and timely payments. Employees need to do due diligence and submit time sheets on time and without any errors to ensure a smooth and quick process. On the flip side, the payroll department needs to make sure they give themselves enough time to collect, verify and input information into the payroll system. What is enough time? Well that depends on how many people are helping with the process, how many employees on the payroll, and how user-friendly the payroll system is.
Well, I don’t know about you, but I think that’s a long process and I would think there is an easier way to process payroll. And guess what, there is! Now a days’, technology has made it easy to streamline the payroll process by integrating your current payroll system with other systems, such as time and attendance and scheduling, via the web.
- Evaluate your current process, figure out what is working and what needs to be changed. Determine how long it takes your staff to process payroll. When do time sheets need to be submitted? How are they being submitted? Are they being submitted on time? Are they accurate? Are they legible? Is your process easy or time consuming?
- Avoid the manual process! Is payroll still being done by hand or in excel? Are papers being mailed in, faxed in, emailed, or walked into the office? Where is all this paper being stored? What happens if you lose the paper time sheet? What if you enter in the wrong information?
Top 5 Benefits of utilizing one electronic system for end-to-end automation:
- Increase productivity for quicker reimbursements: electronic time sheets reduce internal staff labor of having to track, collect, verify and enter data manually
- Easier audit process: access to reports, analytical data and ability to create data extracts
- Protect your agency from the risk of fraud, payment denials and penalties: validate visits in real-time and receive alerts for late and missed visits
- Remain compliant and up to date on Federal and State labor regulations
- Reduce the amount of checks: employees have options with direct deposit and debit cards
An integrated and cost effective solution for managing time and attendance and payroll is important in streamlining business processes. Just about everything we do is done on a computer, tablet, or phone, wouldn’t you agree? So it would only make sense that payroll is too. I’m excited to announce that Sandata now offers a payroll module, powered by PayPro Corporation that can help agencies increase financial compliance through end to end automation. Check out our website for upcoming webinars on Paperless Visit Verification with Integrated Payroll. http://www.sandata.com/about/events
Michelle Spinelli is the Sales Effectiveness Coordinator at Sandata Technologies, LLC